Annual Report Summary|
Each year, Washington Crossing Audubon Society submits an annual report to the National Audubon Society. The following is a brief summary of activities of the chapter for the fiscal year that ran from July 1, 2006 to June 30, 2007.
- Sponsored and/or co-sponsored over forty field trips,
- held eight members meetings, each including a program on birds or conservation,
- sponsored Audubon Adventures in about one hundred twenty 4th grade classrooms,
- awarded about $12,000 in conservation/education grants from the Holden fund,
- provided a scholarship for a local teacher to attend the Maine Audubon Educators Workshop camp,
- national conservation advocacy activities via letter writing campaigns,
- local conservation activities to preserve habitat in central New Jersey,
- sponsored and provided volunteers for the Featherbed Lane Bird Population Research Station,
- promoted and participated in the Great Backyard Bird Count,
- organized, sponsored, and participated in the Princeton and Trenton Christmas Counts,
- organized, sponsored, and participated in the Mercer County Butterfly count,
- published five issues of our newsletter, and
- maintained our chapter web site.